This Valentines Day card is very simple, requires minimal supplies, and above all else, is creative and handmade. The ultimate display of affection is assembling something with your own massive, callused, hairy hands.
All you will need is:
- Heavy paper (Use what you have: card stock, a cereal box, a manilla folder, even construction paper will work in a pinch)
- Newspapers, magazines, junk mail (Anything with lots of big letters printed on it)
The assembly is quite simple:
- First, fold the heavy paper in half to form a card.
- Next, cut out letters from newspapers and such to make a message of your choice. Since the card has a ransom letter look to it, you may want to make your message pretty ransom-ey.
- Cut out hearts from any kind of paper you'd like. I used a combination of construction paper and newspaper hearts on my card.
- Glue the letters and hearts to the front of the card, and allow to dry.
- On the inside of the card, you can glue a rectangle of newspaper or other paper and write your message on that. (I had originally planned on continuing the ransom letter look on the inside, but I got tired of cutting out letters, so chose to just write a message instead).