A quick and easy way to freshen your home is to deodorize and then vacuum your carpets. There are many types of commercial carpet powders available for this purpose, by why spend the money when you can easily make your own for pennies?
1 cup baking soda
1 cup borax
5-10 drops of a deodorizing essential oil (such as lavender or tea tree)
or 1 tablespoon powdered, dry herb (cinnamon and rosemary work well)
1. Whisk baking soda and borax together to combine.
2. Add essential oil or powdered herb. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture into a shaker (an old Parmesan cheese or spice container works well).
4. Sprinkle the mixture over carpets and allow to sit for 20 minutes, keeping children and pets off carpet.
5. Vacuum carpet thoroughly.